Friday 28 June 2013

Failed


So, we're awake at 6am grab a cup of tea and prepare for the day.
We wait as long as possible to wake our daughter then head straight to the car. Feeling nervous and trying to sort ourselves out, we arrived at the hospital for our 8 am appointment. Our starving little lady is climbing the walls, running the corridors, waiting for her turn. It’s now 11.30 am, it’s been 16 hours since she had food and...nap time has come and gone! Jessie is like a wild animal and I'm expected to keep her calm going into surgery? She’s about to turn into a cannibal. 8am surgery? my bum! Even am starting to get annoyed!

The doctor had told us many times that the closed reduction may not work for Jessie. So we were prepared for the worst news but our fingers were still crossed as it's the lesser of two evils.
We take jessie down to surgery dancing and playing, trying to make this a normal situation. I am appointed the bad parent...you all know the one - if it’s sore or going to upset her it’s my job and Daddy gives the hugs all better. Thanks very much Steve!

So in we go, I hold her tight, my little woman is a wriggly like monster. Can’t jag her, she’s all over the place. Try the mask - I'm trying to hold her and not break her neck at the same time. Finally after what seems hours, really only a few seconds, she’s gone.
Be prepared, even when you work in hospitals, nothing can prepare you for your own floppy baby. Its heart breaking and painful to see.

So the waiting is ok, to be honest we were starving. We left theatre and went straight for the cafe. After 15 minutes, we headed back to wait, 5 mins later our screaming baby was headed up the corridor cuddled into a staff member. My husband  - 'give me her' as he pretty much throws me and the staff, out the way.  To be fair, Steve is just a little protective, like an armoured tank! lol

So we can tell it didn’t work as her legs aren’t bright pink!
Strangely I am really happy, I have an extra few weeks with my baby’s legs - woop woop!
My husband is not so happy; this just means our daughter has to be cut open, why are you happy?

Fight 1. Because of DDH!

Well, were back to the waiting game but am still a little happy - I can bathe and take my baby walks.

Hugs n kisses xx


No comments:

Post a Comment